If you’re like me, you have about 5 million things to do at any given time. Maybe you also intend to practice a skill or do something every once in a while to get better at it, but you keep putting it off because you just never remember, among other things. Maybe you have a shitload of assignments and projects due and it’s hard to keep track. Maybe, like me, your short-term memory is basically non-existant.
Good news - there’s this (free!) thing called HabitRPG that can help you out. It’s fun, charming, and extremely easy to use - you map out habits and things to do and get rewarded for accomplishments! It basically makes your life into a little videogame.
I’ve been using it for a few days, and I’ve gotten my friends to use it, and it’s already helped us all immensely. Check this out:
You can make parties to see your friends’ progress, which is hells of cool. You can make lists of all the things you need to do, and when you do something, you gain gold and experience, which can go towards buying things from a shop - weapons, armor, potions - or even your own custom reward (Cake, anyone?) while missing something will drain your HP a little.
You can set things to be done on certain days, or even during certain times! And you can set the day to begin at a certain time as well - for me, it’s 7 am - 7 am!
You can customize your character and profile, and the community and devs are strong and responsive as well.
You can even “check in” at the Tavern in game if you’re going on vacation or the like, so you won’t be penalized for missing a few days! The lead dev is also pretty active on Twitter and a seriously nice dude - check him out here! New things and fixes are constantly being rolled out, which is also very nice - the dev support for HabitRPG is seriously awesome.
I seriously could not recommend this more, it’s absolutely amazing. It’s super fun, and in the last few days I’ve accomplished more work and creative practice (and drank more water), than I have in the last two weeks combined. It makes everything less overwhelming, and more of a challenge that you know you can beat.
Give it a shot, and if you like it, let your friends and followers know about it - I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!
- todaysdrawphilnakedis likes this
- nice-guy-eddie-s reblogged this from mercibeaucouppourlevenin and added:
- eithelivrin reblogged this from ballin-mochrie
- mercibeaucouppourlevenin reblogged this from rigaudon
- minny1268 likes this
- shadesofcrimson likes this
- sassily-lackadaisical likes this
- trollfish likes this
- koolit13 likes this
- vivify705 reblogged this from disstraction and added:
- ghostpoe reblogged this from jollyorigami
- princessfeferisparkle likes this
- sweetie-tooth likes this
- anmeichan reblogged this from blankfacecat
- littleseb likes this
- serenichi likes this
- poetrywritingandmore likes this
- pokitea likes this
- jetrar reblogged this from cubeybooby and added:
- mintchipleaf likes this
- broom-tree reblogged this from amixadventures
- kurokameee reblogged this from one-punch
- kurokameee likes this
- butthurtful reblogged this from rigaudon
- solhymmne likes this
- jetrar likes this
- residentofperivale likes this
- sixchord reblogged this from ballin-mochrie
- redsorrel reblogged this from teavian
- larkcitysurrogate likes this
- kakyoku likes this
- cravenhearst reblogged this from rigaudon
- cravenhearst likes this
- omi-tan likes this
- halotharfroggies likes this
- meatsue reblogged this from cubeybooby
- naoya-m reblogged this from laharlsboobs
- naoya-m likes this
- laharlsboobs reblogged this from teavian
- kobakoba likes this
- sorry-cyn likes this
- teavian reblogged this from cubeybooby
- teavian likes this
- iansuffi reblogged this from okaybread
- franz-jaeger reblogged this from cubeybooby
- pollen-prince likes this
- oishiipan likes this